Sunday, March 27, 2011

Feature: Natalia from Ma Nouvelle Mode

Happy Sunday everyone! Today I am featuring the lovely Natalia from 
Ma Nouvelle Mode. She is one of the nicest people I have met in bloggy world so far and she has an interesting story to tell... Her family lives in France right now :) Please go visit her blog and leave her some comments or even become a new follower. I will be finishing up Baby boy's mobile today so I should have some pictures for you tomorrow :) 

Hello lovely Babes and Sages readers!!  It is so great to 'meet' you all!  Isn't this bloggy world great?  Meeting people with so much creativity and talent whom we might have never met before, I love it!

So let me introduce myself.  I have kinda a funny story.  My name is Natalia.  I am married to a 6'7" Bahamian, born and raised, and we live in France.  I know, right?  Crazy.  Our boys, we have two, are tri-cultural.  And it is really funny to see how they have French in there and neither one of us do.  Like my 4-year-old says "oh-la-la!"  It is hilarious.  I think I should probably stop it before we go back to the states. 
Us.  I was born and raised in southren California. My husband was born and raised in Nassau, Bahamas.  We are a born again believers, I love my huge mafia-ish family (he's still getting used to it!), and most things different.  In college I met my husband, this big tall foreigner (as different as they come!), second semester, freshman year.  We dated, broke up, dated other people, hated eachother, were friends, and then dated again and then got married.  It was a long haul, but sooooo worth it.  We figure now, if we could make it through what we did then, we can make it through anything.  So far so good.

Our oldest son, Tae, is a sweetheart.  He is so tender and thoughtful.  Even when he is throwing up sick, he says thankyou to a glass of water or medicine.   He loves basketball, being active, outside, camping, swimming, learning, and friends.  He is social.  Boy do I love him!
 
Next is Eli.  He has a tender heart, but also a very strong will.  He is not even one and we are already working on temper tantrums and hitting.  But when he gets in trouble, he cries and goes in for hugs.  It's like he doesn't want to be bad, but he can't help himself!  He is incredibly smart, ask anyone who has met him, and funny.  Can't wait to see what his personality turns into!
 
Why France?  We live in France because my husband is a professional basketball player.  I love it.  It is hard at times, like today, when I just want to speak English and not think about every sentence that comes out of my mouth, but so incredible.  I am experiencing another culture, language, country and truly experiencing it.  I understand it is not for everyone, but it is the time of my life.  I know eventually we will settle down in the U.S. and when that time comes, it will be great (I will probably miss this!).  But for now, this is perfect.  Just this year I have been able to go to England, Switzerland twice, Italy, and I am off to Paris next weekend!  (Mostly thanks to my awesome husband who makes it possible!)
My blog.  I had a family blog going for all family and friends back home but I was really loving all the crafting, DIY, home, fashioin blogs out there.  I had been feeling pretty dumpy being a mom and not taking a lot of time for myself and I thought "wait!  I used to be creative!  I used to wear makeup!  I used to get out of my PJ's and occasionally do my hair!!  There is no reason having two kids should stop me from doing that!"  So that is where 'Ma Nouvelle Mode' came from, meaning 'my new style' in French.  I am reinventing myself in a way.  On my blog you will find fashion, beauty tips, DIY tutorials, travel tips (since I do it so much!), recipes and much much more.  I don't want to limit myself to one topic because, ask anyone who knows me, it just doesn't fit! 

nouvelle Mode

3 comments:

  1. Natalia, I loved this post! You are one of the nicest bloggers out there. I am so glad I know you. And Eli and Tae are so cute! Enjoy your time in France while you are there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Following you from blog hop.. I'm Opal from opalstevens.blogspot.com, hope you can check it out sometime.. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...