Thursday, June 23, 2011

{GUEST POST} Maridith @ Strictly Homemade



Hello, Babes and Sages Friends! I am so excited to be here today while Sophie is out taking care of her precious newborn son. First, let me introduce myself. 
I am Maridith with an "a," over at Strictly Homemade. Over at my spot I share tutorials, ideas for all things homemade. I love sewing clothes for my children, making curtains and home decor and I will try anything crafty at least once!! I am a wife and a mommy to 3 beautiful children. I have found that my sewing skills and crafting skills has enabled me to make our house into a home with a minimal budget. I hope to inspire others to do the same and make things homemade!!

Today I am going to share with you a brand new tutorial that I thought was appropriate since Sophie is celebrating the birth of her son. As I mentioned before I am a mom to 3 kids and I know all too well how fast these little hands get big.  Then as time passes it is hard to imagine they were ever that small.

Then when they get big, you often find yourself reminding them constantly...wash your hands!! So today, I am combining the two in what I like to call...
"A Gentle, Sentimental Reminder"

Supplies Needed: Cotton Material (scrap piece), embroidery thread (different colors if more than one child), needle, hoop, pencil, scissors, letter cut-outs 


First step (not shown) Trace your children's hands on paper. Cut out. 

1. On the wrong side of the material trace your cut out hand with a pencil.
2. Insert material in hoop and tighten
3. Of the 6 strands of the embroidery thread only use 2. Sew with a simple straight stitch around the pencil line. Make sure your knot is on the pencil side. The non-pencil side is what will be seen when finished
4. Shown is the finished side.
Repeat 1,2 & 3 according to how many children you have. My children are 6 years old, 3 years old and 3 months so I knew their hands would fit snuggly inside one another.

5. With cut out letters ( I used my silhouette) glue on "Wash your"
6. Wrap material around a frames insert and tape on the back.
7. Assemble frame. I added a satin ribbon to the top. 



You are done!! I love that this will forever be in my guest bathroom and it will capture a moment in time with my children that will soon be priceless and in the mean time remind them to WASH YOUR HANDS!! Sophie, you will understand this soon enough!!
I would like to invite all of you to my Strictly Homemade Tuesday Linky Party where we show off all of our homemade goodies!!
Thanks, Sophie for letting me share this tutorial with your readers!! I hope you all enjoyed!!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...